Good to see some of my nominations made the final res 10 list in the latest res magazine. The full rundown:
- Dougal Wilson (UK promo director)
- Takagi Masakatsu (Japanese audiovisual artist, director/musician)
- Martin de Thurah (Danish promo director)
- Fluorescent Hill (Canadian directing collective)
- Eclectic Method (UK VJ crew)
- Impactist (US motion graphics duo)
- Ghislain Poirier (Canadian DJ/producer)
- Marina Zurkow (NY-based artist animator)
- Nash Edgerton (Australian director)
- Keita Takahashi (Japanese videogame creator)
It would have been nice to see some more emphasis on interactive design, product design, or even fine art, in the list, as well as some more geographic dispersal of talent, but overall the mix of moving image is as inspiring as ever.
I contributed the Martin de Thurah rundown for the res 10 feature. Good to be doing some writing for the mag again, as it was quite a few years ago since the last piece I wrote for them (which I think was an interview with Garth of Hammer & Tongs).
The res 10 exhibitions take place in various countries that are on the resfest tour. I’ll definitely be looking out for the UK edition.