The Mirrorball strand of the Edinburgh International Film Festival (18-29 August) expands yet again to present the world’s most comprehensive (and one of the longest running) promo, CF and music video selections.
- 2004 Strands:
- Kenny does Dougal : UK video director du jour, Dougal Wilson grilled on his work by Shynola’s Richard Kenworthy
- Fresh Tracks : The year’s freshest, coolest music videos
- Global Selection : Worldwide eye candy
- Mirrorball Japan : Spotlight on extreme music videos and CF
- McLaren : Awesome animated music videos
- Performance : raw rock-out videos
- Short docs : innovative short form drama
- South American showcase : the rise of a new promo power
Other films to look out for in the main Director’s Showcase of the festival include Satoshi Kon’s lyrical Tokyo Godfathers animé, Brad Anderson’s searing The Machinist (starring Christian Bale), and Korean hotshot Park Chan-Wook’s much anticipated brutalist thriller Old Boy.